Saturday, July 29, 2006

10 irritants and 10 delights

problems.gifIt's been a while since I posted a Writer's notebook idea ...

Carry a small notebook around with you this week and write down 10 things that irritate you and 10 things that delight you. They don't need to be big things. Stepping on a marble. Dew on a leaf. Stereo that was left at a high volume and blasts you when you turn it on. Oreos on sale.

At the end of the week, choose some and reset them in your favorite genre.

If you joined recently, I've collected past Writer's notebook ideas. (They're in newest to oldest order, so scroll down for an explanation of what a writer's notebook can be.)

(The white cat and lady with the sock make me smile each time I see them so those are the first on my list of delights for the week :-)

Inspired by #9 Mining Memory of What If?: Writing Exercises for Fiction Writers by Anne Bernays and Pamela Painter.

No comments: