Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Tweebio

In 160 characters or fewer, write your favorite characters' Twitter biographies. The characters can be yours or not.

Try juxtaposing your hero and your antagonist's bios. Have them write up bios for each other in response. Have your secondary characters write bios for themselves and the main characters.

A handy tool is Characters Counter that keeps a running count as you type. (If that disappears, Google "160 character counter". Yes, apparently bios get 160 characters. Tweets are limited to 140. But wouldn't that mean a long bio would get truncated if retweeted? Hmm.)

Of course people are collecting best Twitter bios! 20 of the World's Most Clever Twitter Bios is a good start with links to several other collections.

Here's a sampling:
  • I was named after a mythological being ... how would you feel?
  • A man of mystery and power, whose power is exceeded only by his mystery.
  • Marc is a man with a dream. A very simple dream, mostly involving nachos and beer, but a dream nonetheless.
  • Currently starring in my own reality show titled, A Modern Cinderella; One Girl’s Search for Love and Shoes.
  • I’m Kail, I was given a girl’s name when I was a baby because my parents are idiots.
  • Former military guy & cop.  Leprechauns freak me out.
  • I have been called a PollyAnna, sugar-coated idealist. I like to think of myself as more optimistic than that
  • Darth Vader: Community Manager for Sith Lord but tweets are my own. Asthmatic. Dad to two rambunctious Jedis. Love scrapbooking, Beyonce, and galactic domination.
  • Hillary Clinton: Wife, mom, lawyer, women & kids advocate, FLOAR, FLOTUS, US Senator, SecState, author, dog owner, hair icon, pantsuit aficionado, glass ceiling cracker, TBD ...
  • Tome Hanks: I’m that actor in some of the movies you liked and some you didn’t. Sometimes I’m in pretty good shape, other times I’m not. Hey, you gotta live, you know?
  • Weird Al: You know... the Eat It guy.
  • Anna Kendrick: Pale, awkward and very very small. Form an orderly queue, gents. Location: probably by the food.
  • Lucy Hale: I drink too much coffee. And laugh too loud.
When you're done, have fun with the Twitter bio generator.

No comments: